Sunday, May 15, 2011

05.14.2011 Last Week of the Transfer ... Again

Hey There Again Everyone,

So its been a pretty crazy week for me. It's been really stressful, and there's been a lot going on. We've had to walk around quite a bit, and we've been pretty tired and not sleeping as well, so it's good to finally get to relax a little on P-day. But the exciting news for the week... The Allreds were baptized today! The dad (Dale), daughter (Destiny), and son (Bo) were all baptized today at noon. That something we've been stressing about all week, and we had to go over to the church two hours early today to set up for it. But it all went off without a hitch, and it was a really cool experience to get to baptize Destiny. Elder Poulsen baptized Dale and Bo. The Mom (Sabrina) just didn't feel quite ready yet, so she's going to wait a little bit longer. Elder Poulsen and I are very confident that she'll be baptized soon though. We think that there is another concern she has that she hasn't told us about yet that might be holding her back a little bit. But it was such a cool experience for Dale, Bo, and Destiny, and the Branch welcomed this in. I'm not worried about them at all. They're such a cool family :) . I'll be sending pictures out as soon as I can so everyone can see what they look like.

Oh, and the other big news of the week: I'm getting transferred again. Elder Poulsen and I were a little bummed to find out that we wouldn't be serving together again this transfer, but I know that things will work out ok and that the Lord needs me somewhere else. Elder Poulsen and I have actually gotten pretty close over these last 5 weeks, and I'm definately looking forward to hanging out with him when I get home. He's 6 months ahead of me, but we're planning on him coming to my homecoming, so that'll be fun. 

Things have been going pretty well here in Harrison lately, and we've been teaching some really great people here. This area wasn't doing very well at all two transfers ago, and when President Jones called to tell us about the transfer he told us that he was thrilled by the improvement that this area had made in the last few months. I'm really happy that I was able to be a part of it and helping to teach the people in this area. The members here are great, and I'm going to miss them and the investigators we've been working with quite a bit. I'll be keeping in touch with the Allreds whether they like it or not (I think they want to, haha), and I'll be checking in with Elder Poulsen from time to time to hear how everyone else is doing.

As of next Tuesday morning, I'm being transferred to the Allegan area. I think it's a little southeast of Holland actually, which was my first area. I'll be whitewashing there with Elder Ralphs. Whitewashing is when both of the previous missionaries are transferred out and are replaced by new ones (at normal transfer time). I don't know much about Elder Ralphs, but I think he is an older missionary and is getting close to coming home in a few months. I've heard that he's a good guy though, and I'm looking forward to serving with him as well. I'll definately have to let everyone know how Allegan is next week though when I get a chance to email.

I hope the school year is wrapping up well for everyone and that the weather isn't too bad there. It's just started getting really nice here, and the leaves are all coming out on the trees. It's really pretty. It's a shame that I'm leaving though. The weather is really humid here though, so I'm hoping it won't be so bad in Allegan. I am not used to the humidity at all, and it's been a pretty hot week. Anyway, I need to go because I'm out of time, so I'll talk to everyone later!

Love,
Elder Trevor Casper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome