Monday, November 7, 2011

11.07.2011 "Short on Time Again" (posted by rebecca)

Dear Everyone,

I'm sorry. I'm going to catch up on answering all the questions and other emails I have received as soon as I can. I have about four minutes left on the clock right now. This week has been pretty good. I have seen many blessings, and I have seen myself grow tremendously in my time here in St. Johns so far.

We were able to teach a lot of lessons this week and that was a good experience. Katharina Vetticatt, a nine year-old girl we started teaching eight days ago was baptized yesterday by her father. That was a very good experience, and I'm so grateful to have able to have been a part of it. I'll have to tell you more about that next week (and the dozen other things I want to talk about also.

There was a quote that I read this week as I studied that really stood out to me and was a direct answer to my prayers:
“In many of the uncertainties and challenges we encounter in our lives, God requires us to do our best, to act and not be acted upon (see 2 Nephi 2:26), and to trust in Him. We may not see angels, hear heavenly voices, or receive overwhelming spiritual impressions. We frequently may press forward hoping and praying—but without absolute assurance—that we are acting in accordance with God’s will. But as we honor our covenants and keep the commandments, as we strive ever more consistently to do good and to become better, we can walk with the confidence that God will guide our steps. And we can speak with the assurance that God will inspire our utterances. This is in part the meaning of the scripture that declares, “Then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God” (D&C 121:45).”  -Elder David A. Bednar “The Spirit of Revelation”. October 2011 General Conference
I know that this is true, that the Lord does hear and answer our prayers, and that as we press forward, keep the commandments, and strive to be better, the Lord will guide our steps. I love you all, and I hope that you have a good week.

Elder Trevor Casper
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome