Monday, November 21, 2011

11.21.2011 "Thanksgiving Week in St. Johns" (posted by rebecca)

Hello Everyone,

Well, I have a couple minutes this week at least. How are things going for everyone? 

Time is short, but I'll hurry. This week we had a big treat. Elder Nash of the Seventy toured our mission this week, and Friday and Saturday there were two half-mission zone conferences. My zone attended the Saturday one, so on Saturday we were up at 5 and by about 8:00 we were up in Mt. Pleasant to hear from President and Sister Hess and Elder and Sister Nash. Their counsel was amazing. As he talked, I realized that Elder Nash's presence there was a direct answer to our prayers for guidance and direction in our areas of stewardship. They counseled us on a number of things that we're going to work on and do better at to help the people here the most. One of them is working with the members more effectively. Another is gaining a greater understanding and appreciation for the Atonement. It was inspiring, and the words spoken prompted soul-searching. I am committed to doing my best to follow that counsel, and I know that the Lord bless us as promised as I do.

Thanksgiving here should be nice. There is a slightly older couple who invited us over for dinner. They live in a decent sized house out in the country and they're really nice, so we're looking forward to that. We also have a couple other appointments to visit other families that day, so that's great. No proselyting on that day unless invited, so we spend most of the day with members. We're going to be so stuffed by the end! We're also visiting the Andersons, who are awesome! We're really looking forward to that too. 

Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and that Megan and Stephen and Heather and my aunts enjoy the time off of school!

Love you all,

Elder Trevor Casper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome