Tuesday, July 24, 2012

07.09.2012 "New Transfer in Harrison"


Hello Everyone,

I have time for a quick letter this week. Hopefully everyone had a good Fourth of July! Ours wasn't too bad. We had fun watching the fireworks this year. It was about a 20 minute show, which isn't too bad for a town the size of Harrison. There's probably only a few thousand people here.

There's been a lot going on these last few weeks. And last week was Hot! And not only hot, but very humid. Everyone kept asking us why we were out in the heat dressed "like that". We actually were biking around too for the first part of the week, until Thursday when we got the car. Once I got used to just being drenched after a minute or two of being outside, the heat wasn't really all that bad though. I think the Lord blessed us for still going out in the heat, because we met a few promising people we're hoping to visit again this week. It wasn't a bad week at all.

The time is just flying by, which I'm not sure I'm happy about. I'm nearly at a year and a half now, which is strange. Oh, and transfer calls were this last Friday, and I found out that we're both staying here for another transfer! That makes Elder Piena my fourth two-transfer companion in a row. He's a pretty good guy, although he's a little quiet sometimes. I don't now how much I've said about him in the past. He's from Nevada and was born there, but his parents are from Hawaii (his dad is in the military).

Ummm... I'll have to tell you more about him in the future. Our Branch President has just showed up in the library. He's having us over for dinner tonight and it looks like I'll have to get going.

Oh yeah, and here's a quick picture of me holding some swords that one of our investigators has, and also a picture of Elder Piena and I outside an Amish store a few miles west of Clare (in our area)

Love you all! Talk to you next week, hopefully I have more time then,

Love,
Elder Trevor Casper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome